Monday, 28 July 2008

Two PAs in one day

Well after suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for over 3 years yesterday was a first. One panic attack before noon and a second later at night. The first was stress related due to one screaming baby, two screaming fighting kids and in a small flat with intense heat, more than a little cabin fever. The second came from really bad back pain that I suffer from time to time. This doesn't usually lead to panic but I think after the attack earlier in the day my general anxiety level was still very high. Even today it has not gone down much if any.

So not the best of times. There are many reasons I think for it. The walking obviously has to be a factor but there are other stupid things too. Last week I tried a bit of running on the spot on a whim and also tried some pressups and situps. I'm in nowhere near the condition to do these things but at the time didn't see how silly it was. I won't be doing that for a while.

My breathing today doesn't feel as good but that is only when I am drawn to it. I'm trying to take my thoughts elsewhere so I don't keep lingering on it. My neck is a little sore as is my back still and this is making my jaw muscles a little quivery. When I get a minute later I will have to sit down and look at these symptoms so that I can allow my mind to know they are just symptoms of excess and nothing to worry about.

At the moment my wife is away out to pick up my daughter at the nursery, old nursery on the map as this is her last week. She's walking there with my other daughter and the baby. It's a bit of a hike and on the way back she's going to the bank and the supermarket. When she is ready she'll phone and I'll walk to the bank to meet them. That will be my 5 minute walk for the day. To be honest I'm hoping by the time she calls I'm feeling less anxious or that the walk there loosens me up a little. My arms feel very tense like the nerve ends in them are taut and my mouth is constantly agape.

Hopefully one day this will all be a bad memory and I'll be myself again. I've got better than this before so must cling to that fact. It won't always be like this.