Monday, 21 July 2008
Waiting for the sun
What a really terrible summer it has been and it's almost gone. Today though looks like it could be a goer. I've only got a patch about 2ft by 2ft outside the house but it is something, technically a garden but a joke to call it that. Still our Factor still charged like its Kew. All I need is some good weather to allow me some time outside away from the 4 walls and relieve the cabin fever. Today looks like it could be the day. I've been waiting all summer for it, now I wait again. It's 9:15 and the sun won't come around my front until after noon so hopefully it won't cloud up before then.
Yesterday I managed 2 walks. The longest one wasn't as long as the day before which was my longest since starting this blog but at least it was an overall increase. The same is required today again as a minimum. Really I could have done alot more so must try harder. I also put together a map yesterday which I just need to plot and then hopefully keep a record of the walks to refer back to so I can see any progress, or lack of it.
Still can't shake this throat complaint I have at the moment. For the 4th morning in a row I have awoken hoping it has gone but it has not. At least it's not stopping me eating or doing anything else. I'll just have to persevere. If I don't think about it then it's not apparent but the problem with anxiety is that it is hard not to think about it.
Something a little scary happened this morning too. I was feeding my 3 year old breakfast on my knee- the flat is too small for a dining table and the kitchen is barely bigger than the garden. A shudder went right through me and I found I had to cough to breath. Very strange and a little frightening. My left hand is sore now which I think occurred at the same time. Really nothing to worry about if I can convince myself.
I'm trying to stay focused and positive in what I hope can be one of the better days if the sun stays out. I will be without my distractions which will be good but prove hard because I just know I will get agitated. We'll see how that goes.
Labels:
Health Anxiety,
Weather