Wednesday, 21 July 2021

Relaxation

 






Sitting out chilling with a book, electronically. A cuppa, wish I had some Earl Grey. Or even Lady Grey as that hint of orange is sometimes more appealing. After a long walk it's nice to just lie back and find a place of relaxation that I could not find for years. I lie back, read, sip and read again then invariably I fall asleep. It's a good sleep. Its not like lying at two in the morning wishing to find slumber land. It's natural. It's earned. I drift off with thoughts of whatever I was reading. I'm going to enjoy Mark Twain when it comes around and Jack London. This is my favourite time of day. 

Its not that not much else is happening, or maybe that is the case. I haven't really thought about it. What I was thinking about when I was lying out was how much things have changed for the better. There was a long period of time when I could not relax like this. There was a time when I could not walk far so could not tire myself out and instead I would sit nursing an underlying current of agitation that who distractedly buzz away enough to stop me finding focus and losing concentration. Something as simple as relaxing is not to be taken for granted. It costs nothing but that does not mean we can all have it. Many people have many worries that prevent them melting into a sofa or sleeping like a baby. We live in a world full of stresses where negativity is fired at us from all directions. It is a a high paced blur driving most from waking to sleep in an instant. It is the polar opposite from my memories of sitting on a small boat slowly floating down the Norfolk broads under a baking sun in those long summers. That is where I would like to be so in those moments that is where my mind takes me. 

It is not my plan to spend my days like this of course. My plan is to try to get back into life as soon as possible. But after the time I had last year I treasure these moments more than anything material and I hope they remain no matter how hard life gets around about them. 

No comments: