Monday, 13 August 2012
Diaries
The point of these past few posts was to create a timeline not reflection but as written at the time. I have been writing diaries for a long time. I have written ones up in the lost from 2000 to possibly 2001. The post from 2000 was an electronic diary written on an old laptop and I salvaged it some time ago in the last year- I did have a post but must have deleted it. Basically I took me hours. It had a floppy drive and I have no floppies nor a means to read a floppy. So by luck it had a modem PCMCIA card and using that and some programs to zip the diary. It was slow going as the line kept dropping after finding a working dialup ISP- no doubt at premium rate.
2004 I found by chance transferred, again in electronic format, from another laptop and on an archive DVD. 2006 was from the same laptop as 2000 and also in electronic format- amazing that the old laptop still runs as its probably at least 14 years old. The 2008 diary was in a notebook. A very dark scary time where I did not have a laptop and so wrote in notebooks. That period of around 3-4 weeks filled both sides of the 80 pages. And I would also like to point out most importantly of all it had a happy ending for my wife and the boy.
So the purpose of this post, recap apart, is to write an entry for this point in my life. More than that I want to do it every year from now on. I have decided to do it on my birthday which seems an apt time. Birthdays are always a time for reflection.
Labels:
Anxiety Disorder,
Diary,
Epiphany,
Hope,
The Present
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment