Thursday, 3 May 2012
Dream maker
Time for the DVD to go off, I said. It was late. The girls were unbelievably still wide awake. The boy was long gone. Oh good, said the youngest girl. Strange. She is usually last kid standing. Why?, I enquired. Because I have an idea for my dream tonight and really looking forward to it. The youngest girl it could be said is peculiar but I like that. She is approaching seven years old and has long held the belief that she can pick her own dreams. She says she sees them like a wheel of choices in her head when she goes to sleep and she turns through them until she finds the one she wants. She is adamant about it. God I wouldn't mind a bit of that. Whether its fantasy or not she believes it and now she is sleeping. I wish I could see. I wish I could see if what she picked is playing out.