Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Bothwell Castle



A nice little trip out in the car tonight as a family. Its easy to forget for so long this was not an option. For so long I could not even leave my own little town in the car. So much was off limits. Years the kids have not had their father with them. Now things have changed. It may not be for long spells or far afield but at least its something.

My wife drove. She drives. She has a great mind for direction. She never gets lost. So she drove here, there and everywhere. In the end we found ourselves at Bothwell castle. I have been there before and posted about it here. In fact just March of this year I blogged about it and the woodland walk we went beside it. This was no greater a journey than that. That is where its easy to forget just how bad it used to be. The first time was December 2009. No walks that day. I used a school pickup as an excuse but the truth is just getting there was hard enough and I could not have taken many steps away from the car.

Now its different. For the first time we were able to walk around the castle and have a peer in. The kids had a great time climbing the walls and just running around in the open space. It was a nice night. Hopefully one of many to come.

No comments: