Wednesday, 9 June 2021

Glue

  





Something has happened to my phone. I picked it up face down and the screen almost fell out. Gave me a fright. Its annoying because this is supposed to be "progress". Older phones used to clip together. It was great. I never had any problems with that. Then then started gluing them together. It meant you couldnt easily replace a battery or a part. It meant you had to pay someone to do the simplest of things. As a result I fear the glue on my phone has eroded.

Its 2 years old which is when most replace their phones but my phone otherwise works fine. Its very like what happened to my laptop. So I refuse to buy another when I have a working one. I also refuse to spend £50 or whatever to someone to glue it. I decided to glue it myself. And I did. It appears fine for now. I'm not sure how long it will last.

In order to do it I found some Gorilla glue which we have found seems to work best. It took me a while to open it though. I was beginning to think it got its name by way of having to be a gorilla to open it. It wasn't just by inability to open the lid which bothered me though but my lack of strength. As I turned I could feel a lack of strength that has always been there. It was an eye opener. I think I'm going to have to start doing press-ups again or something as I don't like feeling that weak. 

No comments: