Thursday, 13 February 2014
The Fair
Looking back one thing is evident and not even that far back. From my first posts in 2008 to recently commenting on other people's blogs I cringe when I stumble upon something I have written and read it back. I can only apologise for my impatience and lack of proof reading and at times unreadable sentences littered not only with spelling mistakes and wrong grammar but also completely wrong words and combinations of words that make no sense. If I have a talent its for mindless gibberish. I will try in future to take more care.
Above a photo from the local "Fun Fair". I don't know how long it has been coming to town because up until a couple a years ago I did not take much notice of what was happening around about me in this little town. I have mentioned it twice before though. It would appear it does always come this time of year. In 2012 I stood from afar looking at it and trying to take a photo with my camera not daring even attempt get anywhere near it. 2013 though I managed to get right up to the gates but a lack of desire to go further on my own and a £2 entrance fee ensured that was as far as I got.
This time I went straight in to meet my wife, her friend and 5 children. The coldest of days. The sky above is pretty clear but soon it disappeared in a storm of hailstones. We were there, then to the swimming near by to get the kids ready, then shopping, then back to pick the kids up again and finally back to the fair again. Three hours in all which is something of a record for me. There right until they shut up shop on schedule but I don't know if they saw it coming as at that time, Five O'Clock, it turned to a complete white out.
A good day for me even if it was freezing. Another sign of progress. Another step to recovery. And even a cheeseburger! Lovely. The kids enjoyed it. They wanted me tot go on something but already swaying and feeling a bit nauseous I declined. Just getting there was enough for me.
Meanwhile no word of my appeal. Not that I expect anything positive to come from it. I'm sure if it was good news it would have arrived by now via the representative. Until it does I have been blotting it from my mind. Its a strange thing though. Losing the appeal is bad because it attempts to force me to move quicker than I can and am willing to do while threatening me financially if I don't. Yet what they want, me in work, is what I am planning and I know if by some outside chance I did win the appeal I would be following the same route without the pressure and at my pace and most importantly with a far better chance of getting there. Its something I have discussed recently with the job centre but only if I win the appeal otherwise all bets are off. Frustrating.
That for another day though. I will remember yesterday Tuesday as a good day for me and the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment