Friday, 10 January 2014

Drives




Not a great photo given I was in a moving car on a dull rainy day but of note. That is the council building in the next town which is a big feature dominating the skyline around these parts. Its in Hamilton and I took that today out in the car. My wife also drove past the Job Centre where I will be summoned to next month so step one of that exposure complete. I am glad we did go because my memory of it is different from the reality. In my head it was a big building within a big car park. Step Two was to be waiting in the car park, step three going in. Turns out the building is not as big as I thought and on a main road so we can't park in front of it. It means finding a parking space on one of the streets. That is something that will have to be done next.

Good to get out in the car again. We have more drives planned as long as the weather holds up. It has been a fairly mild winter to be honest. Car drives a while back did help with my anxiety problems to some extent a while back so anything I can do I will to help given the walks are going so much better too.

After the walk my wife and I went to a cafe nearby for a cuppa and then proceeded to the school to pick up the kids and bring them back home- on foot. All fairly mundane and routine but all something I have not been able to do for such a long time. It feels almost normal. Don't get me wrong its not easy and I still have my moments. I am never completely free of doubt. It a start though. Somewhere I hoped to be but never believed I could be and yet here I am. 

No comments: