Friday, 10 July 2015
Learning to fly
Five has become four- for a week at least. It makes me feel a bit restless. Like a missing finger or toe we are a little incomplete. Today has all been about my youngest girl. She turned ten years old, opened her presents and then was whisked for for a week. Its been a bit rushed. Can't imagine what it been like for her but I would imagine she has been caught up in a wave of excitement.
A couple of days ago my inlaws came through and as they had done for the oldest last month on her 12th birthday they did for her sister's 10th birthday. That was to take everyone out to Equi's restaurant for a meal. Equis is an Italian chip shop which is known also for its ice cream- Nutella, Watermelon and a few other favourites amongst my kids. Every other year its been a no go for me but I was dragged along last month even if I did only have a beer and no food. This time though I was determined to eat despite the anxiety and so I had a battered hamburger and chips. To my surprise I ate it all. Not to my surprise I was first finished and anxiety makes me rush my food. Usually that leads me to indigestion but thankfully not this time. Its a reason I have tried (and failed) to eat mindfully and enjoy the food rather than shovel it in. Plenty of time to practice. It was good to eat out though.
Today was a birthday lunch in ASDA and then a birthday meal at McDonalds before finally it was time for my daughter to leave. Last year her auntie too her sister to Italy and this year it was her turn to go to Lake Garda. A very lucky girl and she appreciated it. My wife had to drive her out to Glasgow Airport. For me that was off limits last year and to be honest no different this year. But I went. I was determined to see her off and I thought I had to at least try. So I went. It was hard. There was no way it was not going to be but I did it. My only disappointment was that I didn't see one plane. All I have to do now is spot one and get on it. Piece of cake. :)
Joking aside its another big thing to tick off the list. I started 2015 having never been on public transport for over 10 years and then got on a bus. A train will be next. Maybe a boat at some stage and possibly a plane one day. Getting to the airport at least is something. Its a big thing even if I don't feel I have actually been there having not seen a plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment