Thursday, 9 April 2015
Forty Six
Cousins. Sitting eating ice lollies. It wasn't even that warm. They are sitting in the basin of the world fountain at the David Livingstone centre. I was there on Tuesday and a guy was cleaning it out. Yesterday it was still in that limbo state. A real shame. Its beautiful when it on- in my view. Somewhere I took a photo but I cannot find it. I remember it. I remember taking it and after doing so two young foreign girls approached asking if I could use their phone to take a photograph of them which I did of course. I can't find that photo. I can only find one post with a photo and the fountain was not on then either- here.
The reason the cousins were altogether was my wife's birthday. She turned 46 yesterday and her family were through for it. Usually that would mean a day alone for me and to be perfectly honest that is what I had planned. Their plan had been spending most of the day at Strathclyde Park. That was off limits for me as I could not get away without needing my wife to take me away and I had no wish to do that on her birthday so much better for all I just don't go. More so at the moment as the council are basically rebuilding the whole road network around about it and its one of the busiest areas for traffic in Scotland so a nightmare at the moment. When I worked it was a nightmare but nothing compared to what the poor motorists are going through at the moment.
It was actually because of all that that the family decided instead to go to the David Livingstone Centre. As that is a place I can walk home from if required I had no excuses so went. I say no excuses as if it was something I had to do forced. That was not the case. As always there is a conflict. On one hand the chance to spend my wife's birthday with her, her family and my kids was something very appealing. On he other hand fatigue has been flooring me and I have been trying to ease off overdoing things.
And that last thought was on my mind later at night when it was all over and I could hardly keep my eyes open. It was not on my mind when I jumped a wall and went alone down a path blindly on another adventure. I found a boat house I had been trying to find for a long time. It was a good little adventure. The real bonus though was spending time with family I had not spend time with in a long time. My sister-in-law and her husband. And their kids who I am really a stranger too but now a bit more familiar. Its all slowly coming together. Maybe.
But whatever happens this is another plus. Now when there is a get together not only am I being considered now but I am actually considering it myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment