Sunday, 19 April 2015

Easter Break



The Easter break finally comes to a close and to be honest its felt longer than two weeks. In fact I am not even sure why Easter warrants 2 weeks. I don't work of course, though I hope that will change this year, and my wife works part time so its not a problem for us but for families where both parents work or whatever set up then it must be a real difficult time for taking holidays. We don't have family living near us so if we did both work full time we would have no choice but to take holidays too.

As I said though its felt a long period. Not sure why. Its just dragged.  Yet this Easter has been more action packed, in my relative terms, than others in recent years. My family for example spent less time up North. Usually they are up well before Easter Sunday and leave a few days after. This year they went up on the day and came back the following day. We have also went lots of places and done lots of different things which again is not something I am used to this time of year. Its all good. Its heading in the right direction.

My thoughts turn to the future. My daughter finishes primary school this year. I expect before that I will be hauled into the job centre with the threat of cutting off my income if I don't. There are other things too I'd rather put on the back burner for now. But I would say this year more than any other year in the last decade I feel almost equipped to deal with anything coming my way. Maybe that is how nature works. Maybe nature sees I have some challenges ahead and has decided to tool me up in anticipation of meeting them head on.

I thought for this post I would include more general photos taken over this fortnight rather than anything specific. Its a weird thing but I  have done a lot but not much worth talking about. How much can I say about a  couple of long walks through woodlands? What more can I say about having a pint in a pub or a meal in McDonalds? Not a lot. They mean a lot to me but not to anyone else. I need more. I am looking for more. Some ideas are starting to surface of the path I want to take this year. More on that when the time comes. For now its been a good Easter. 




No comments: