Wednesday, 15 April 2015
Calderglen again
My wife has been determined that the kids get out as much as possible this Easter break and so we have been going places- so to speak. And that has been good for me too. We have been many places but last night was the best in my view. It was good for many reasons. I could go into them all but won't. The main and therefore only real reason it was good was it was far from home out as a family on a walk for over an hour without a care. No rushing to leave and no clockwatching. Just a lovely walk.
Its over a year since I was last at Calderglen Country Park, blogged about here, and that was the first time in nearly a decade. There was one other time I blogged about but I never got out of the car that time. Even that last time a year ago it was minutes we were there and I did not venture too far from the car. It was also a quick visit of 5 minutes at most. This time I was determined to go one better. The park has a few different woodland walks and I wanted to do one of them. We did and it was good. In that post from a year ago there is actually a map and the paths are marked out on that. Not clearly mind.
It was great for the kids too. Well two of them as youngest daughter is up north at her grandparents for a few days. Our flat is so small. They have so much energy and no room to burn it. This was a perfect opportunity for them to run wild. Run and slide and climb and when noone was about yell at the top of their lungs.
It was a good night as I said but long leisurely walks doesn't make for a lot of words. In fact this is where my wife would be better as the narrator because she knows the different species of birds and assortment of wild animals and the different types of trees and other vegetation. I know its a bird and its colour and that is about as specific as I get. I did take some photos though and although they are not great they are something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment