Tuesday, 6 November 2012
Sparklers
Finally we have cracked, or the wife has. I got up yesterday morning to find not the frozen damp air of old but a toasty surprise. My wife is always first up on a weekday and she'd turned the heating on complaining that she was physically shaking so had no other choice. There was no arguements from me or from the kids. The fact is we should have done it earlier because we are all still feeling poorly but less poorly than a few days ago. Hopefully the heat will help us back to normality- or abnormality in my case.
Last night it was a biting bitter wind that came around tea time so no desire to venture outdoors. Even less so considering my wife was working at night. So I was happy to turn the lights off and watch the fireworks and there were many. But my wife had other ideas. She had bought sparklers for the kids and despite it being freezing she was determined that not only they get used but I take some photos too. I was reluctant as I was already chilled to the bone.
We did though. The kids enjoyed it. I still not have gotten around to learning how to use my camera properly and so the shots were all pretty poor. When I used to use the little compact although it was restrictive, especially in low light, I used to always know what to do and how to get the best out of it. With this knew one though I don't and it should be no surprise as I have not spent the time learning.
I think it is because even though its smaller than a DSLR it is still to big to fit in my coat pocket. With a pancake lens I could get away with it but cannot afford one of those or any other lens at the moment. And as I cannot take it out like I did the compact then I am less keen to learn as there is nothing indoors to take photos of. Also because the car is off and on the road I don't have that. We would take the car to places and I could get out and photograph new things and that gave me an appetite. After wanting one for so long and getting most of the money for it for my 40th and then saving until I finally had enough it now sits virtually unused. I must try to get back into it again.
The kids had a great time though with the sparklers. While I struggled with knobs and buttons and jittered the whole while they laughed and seemed uneffected by the cold. When it was over and I was ready to shoot indoors they wanted to stay out. In we came and we did watch some great fireworks light up the sky. Last year with the little compact I managed to capture the fireworks. With my new camera I gave up trying.
Labels:
Bonfire Night,
Camera,
Kids,
Photography,
Sparklers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment