Wednesday, 3 June 2020

Fox in the box


It would be very easy and maybe even unavoidable to talk about COVID every week because it is 90%+ of most people's day in some form. As such I think most are doing everything they can not to dwell on it so I'll try not to if I can. I will just say that as an agoraphobic who has spent most of the past decade stuck indoors this period is not affecting my mental health as much as it is affecting others. I would imagine a lot of people are going to have a lot of difficulties when they come out the other side whether that be from after effects of COVID or purely their mental well being. Aside from that there are also all those unfortunate souls who have lost someone or multiple someones. 

A different subject then today. I don't know if this is a product of lockdown but it has certainly coincided with it. Every night for the past week or so two foxes come to sit below our window looking to be fed. They return because my wife does just that. Is that right or wrong? I don't know to be honest. Vermin or not its hard to ignore any animal looking for food. I say there are two but only one comes out into the open and the other stays hidden mostly in the shadows. We know they are here by the noise of the gulls who take turn dive bombing them. Quite the racket in the still of night.

Not a great quality photo as I am reduced to taking photos with my phone- or mobile device which probably serves as a more accurate description nowadays. I still have 2 perfectly working cameras but no longer a laptop with an SD card reader to transfer photos. Its a long story for another day as to what I am using now which is far from ideal but I am thankful to have something. Basically though my laptop fell to pieces physically at the start of lockdown. Its extremely frustrating as all the individual bits work but I cannot piece them together because of a very poor design by Lenovo- never again. The worst possible time for it to happen but there are bigger problems out there as we all can concur.

If nothing else the foxes provide a much needed distraction in this otherwise mundane period. That along with some thunder and lightening shows have been the main attractions. Slowly the world turns again and slower still we call get back to what we once called normality. That is something I can certainly relate to. Its predicted and its desired but there are still many doubts as to whether things really will ever be the same again. Again I can relate.

No comments: