Tuesday, 10 February 2015
And slower still
The slow start to the year started to pick up some speed last week as hoped. The kids went back to school and I took the kids there in the morning while my wife went to work and later I went with my wife to pick them up- eventually. The first two days of the week I didn't. The walk in the morning was not as difficult as I expected but after it the fatigue was incredible and I just could not muster the energy to go to the school twice in one day. I did on Wednesday and Thursday but thankfully by then it was holidays and both of us were glad of the rest. For whatever reason the kids were off Friday, yesterday and today. In-service days or something like that. But I was starting to get back into the routine despite my body struggling to catch up.
I should have seen it coming though. My dad dropped in on Friday with birthday presents for the boy and I was still feeling OK but my wife had gone downhill again. She felt as bad as before but now had a constant cough on top. It started I think the day before. Once again I was 48 hours behind and by Saturday I was the same. It has been an absoloute nightmare to be honest and at the moment is not looking like its going to improve any time soon.
The kids go back to school tomorrow but I have already told my wife I can't take them. I had not been out since Thursday and knew it was going to be tough so today I pushed myself out the door at lunchtime hoping it would not be as bad as I thought and I would be able to take the kids to school. It was worse though. The plan was to go around the block, about half a mile in a circle, and if I felt OK then go towards the school. I got about a third of the way around the block and was struggling with my breathing from constant coughing fits. In fact it was on the point of hyperventilating and I was starting to get panicky. I did however carry on all the way around but that was that. I came back indoors knowing its going to be a good few days before I can manage a mile or more.
Obviously my worry is that this has gone into a chest infection. Its exactly what my wife took the youngest girl to the GP for and after a check up it was found she was fine. But this is getting very like when I had a chest infection and even if I had antibiotics at the moment they don't work for at least a week of taking them- at least that is my experience. So the immediate future is not filled with much fun ahead. Also of concern is how far back this is going to set me given its been such a stop start beginning to the year and more so because I expect a summons sometime soon telling me I have to go to the job center in the next town or my money will stop.
I think though what is most obvious is that I am adding worry where, at the moment, it is not needed and of no benefit. What I am experiencing is what most people experience this time of year and I am in no worse state than them. The rest I can worry about if and when it transpires to be the case.
Not very uplifting couple of posts which I apologise for but just had to get it off my chest. Its all part of life and hopefully these sort of posts will be in the minority this year and I can look forward to better times ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment