Monday, 8 August 2011
Either side of the lens
My wife asked me to take some photos of her as she needed a new profile pic for Facebook. I didn't need asking twice. So I took a few which is restricted in this place as there is not a lot of room and even less natural light. Got roughly what I wanted. After selecting about 6 I processed them in different ways. This one was my favourite of the lot but my wife chose another one. I was actually quite happy with this one mainly because its decent for a compact camera and I think few would guess my wife was sitting on the back of a couch propped against an orange wall in a living room.
I don't mind getting my photo taken as long as I don't have to look at it. A lot of people are like that. This one taken by my 8 year old daughter so I will make an exception. A lot of people just see all their faults. Others though don't. Some people can't stop looking at themselves. Nothing wrong with that. If you have the confidence why not? And its not just beautiful people. I admire people who are not so beautiful but don't care. They are happy not to conform. If I had the choice to be beautiful but self-conscious or a non-conformist ugger I'd choose the latter because beauty does not guarantee you will be happy with your appearance, even some beautiful people hate the way they look.
Contentment is a great thing. Just wish I could find it. For the moment I don't really want to post pics of myself here but for once I'll make an exception because this was taken by my oldest daughter who takes a lot of good photos regardless of the subject matter. And on another note I don't want to be posting photos not taken by me either. But again I make the exception. Well mainly because its been a quiet week.
Labels:
Contentment,
Couple,
Portrait,
Self,
Self Image,
Wife

