Monday, 31 October 2011
Flat
This pic doesn't tell a story. It was more an experiment which didn't quite work. Looking around at different photos I am drawn to some black and white effects which I tried to create here with a fallen leaf. But to be honest I think its not quite possible because my little camera doesn't capture in RAW format, only JPG. That is limiting when processing. But it wasted an hour or two anyway and its a bit more interesting than any other image this week.
We all seem to be tired this week, maybe its the crap weather. It darkens the mood. The joys of living in a windy, wet, cold and dark Scottish winter. Bad neck pain this week too which I think comes from tension which in turns comes from anxiety and probably lack of physical activity too given its not going out weather. And that effects everything else: upper arms, shoulders, back and even face in the jaws and the eyes which burn. That apart I have nothing else to moan about you'll be pleased to read.
That was until Friday when my wife went out and came straight back in to report we had a flat tire. So I set about getting it changed while she walked to work. What a palava. Its five years since I changed a tyre and it used to be so simple. Not anymore, for me anyway. All day Friday and most of Saturday eventually even having to get someone to come and help in the end. I have never come across locking nuts before. That was a learning experience that took up most of that time after much headscratching on my part and even a Facebook post to ask why I had 4 bolts and they were not all the same shape.
No sense of achievement. Just sheepish and feeling stupid. My wife eventually got a guy from her work to come and have a look after I finally got the bolts off but the wheel was glued to the car. He just kicked it off. Something I didn't want to do in case I broke something on the car that cost us to get repaired or worse- broke something on my foot. Anyway that didn't help with my sense of stupidity. Apparently its common for alloys to become fused. If anything though I will know in future and I have learned something new.
Labels:
Black and White,
Changing a Wheel,
Drives,
From a car,
Leaf,
Road,
Stupid Me

