Sunday, 17 June 2012

Breaking through the clouds


Its been a shitty old June. Something we should all be used to now. Yesterday and the days before were like a wet windy shitty grey October. Not summer. Nothing like summer. Feels like, in weather terms, a great depression. The holidays are rolling in fast. Days in my youth where I only remember long hot summers. Nothing like this. And as if to stick up two fingers further around about tea time or thereafter the clouds begin to part and summer shines through two later in the day to do anything about it. Like the photo about. A burning bright sun. A breakthrough. A breakthrough too late. Kids already eating their dinner before bath time and then into their bedwear. A promise though of a better tomorrow but tomorrow it always rains in June.

Now that I have the visits out of the way I feel the waters are starting to settle a bit. Maybe the clouds I have been shrouded in these past few weeks are starting to part and allowing in the sun again- in my case never too late. Been bogged down these past few weeks with ailments of all sorts which seem now to have passed or be passing and also the apprehension over the visits which are now a past event. So I feel a bit of a lighter load and able now once again to start planning ahead and trying to make progress. A bit like climbing the mountain and for the past few weeks I have been holed up protected against the storm which is finally now passing and with an ever brightening sky ahead I am now ready to start climbing again.

So hopefully better days ahead- something to talk about. What the top photo and photos of late also illustrate is my lack of getting out. The car is still off the road and the walks don't allow me to venture to new places of interest. An inner frustration boils that I have not been able to use my new camera. Hankering after it for so long and now that I have it I have nowhere to take it. The weather has not helped. The wee camera has taken a soaking but I won't allow the same to happen to my new camera. Don't want to take that risk. Also realise I need a different lens, a pancake lens. Much to my shock when I went to price these I found they are not much cheaper than the camera itself so I won't be getting one of those barring a lottery win.

The weather though is sure to clear. Even if its just for a few days. Hopefully when it does the car will be ready to move to and with the work I will have done by that point I will be in a position to venture out. There is another frustration with the camera. I seem to have lost the appetite. I have a book to learn the art of photography and worked through it previously with the wee camera which was limited. Now I have a camera to learn properly and no appetite to do so. And that doesn't need going out. Not sure what is going on there but hopefully that will return soon too. Its just a waiting, and preparing, game at the moment.

No comments: